Pokemon What are Your Favorite Pokemon from the Fourth Generation, and Why?

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master
I really want to know what you guys think about the new Pokémon. Give a list with explanations! You can give me a list of your least favorites too!

Here's my top 10 Favorite:

10. Mega Ampharos, Mega Blaziken, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Venusaur:

I couldn't choose between these guys for the final spot. Each one of them is appealing to me. I love Venusaur, and its ME only makes it cooler. While it's not a significant change, it's for the better. Blastoise's cannon makes him look 10x cooler. It stinks tha Hydro Pump doesn't come out of the big cannon, but I can live with that. Originally, I didn't like Mega Blaziken, but after I trained him, he looks a lot cooler and is definitely a strong Pokémon. For me, Mega Ampharos' newy added Dragon type sold it for me. I've always had a love for Pokémon with secondary Dragon types (Kingdra) , so this was great. He even looks like a sick dragon master with his new whimsical hair.

9. The Legendary Pokémon of Kalos, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas:

Again, I love these three equally. It's extremely cool that they based each one of a letter of the alphabet. The part that I really love is that there are only 3 new legendries. Compared to the past 3 generations, the amount of legendaries is nothing. However, this is good because it makes them all the more special.

8. Talonflame:

A break from the ol' Normal/Flying bird combination is quite the refresher (Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfezant....etc). I was jumping up and down once I learned that Fletchling could know fire moves. A Fire/Flying bird that you can get early on is really cool!

7. Mega Charizard X:

DRAGON! LIke I said with Ampharos, I love secondary dragon types! I've always wanted a dragon Charizard. I even made a previous thread about dragon Charizards in the TCG. It may be possible now!!! I was disappointed when Charizard Y wasn't dragon, but now I'm ecstatic. I changed from getting Y to X because of this.

6. Greninja:

I didn't choose Froakie as my starter, but that was because I like too many frog Pokémon, and I couldn't replace Seismitoad. I was going to choose him when it was rumored that he was Water/Dark, but then chose against it as they corrected it to be Water/Fighting. When it was confirmed to be Dark, I almost chose it again. It does look the coolest out of the final evolutions of Kalos starters too.

5. Aurorus:

Both Tyrantrum and Aurorus are super cool. It's about time they made fossil dinosaur Pokémon; Aerodactyl was such a long time ago. I chose Amura over Tyrunt, because my friend called him. They are both good Pokémon with good moves and types.

4. Tyrantrum:

Like I said, this Pokémon is super cool. Plus, he's Dragon too. He is definitely the BEST desgined Pokémon in the new region. I wouldn't mess with him if I were a Pokémon.

3. Pyroar:

Pyroar was the first Kalos Pokémon that I actually LOVED. He was part of my party, but I never got one until after I beat the Elite Four. I couldn't find a male Litleo, so I had to settle for a female. Hoepfully, I can train a male one, so I can have a sick fire lion.

2. Delphox:

I originally wanted Fennekin's last evolution to be on four legs, but after training Delphox, I like his design. Delphox learns a plethora of good moves like: Psybeam, Flame Charge, Psychic, Flamethrower, Mystical FIre, and Psyshock. The majority of these moves have sick animations where the power comes from Delphox's wand. I'm definitely glad I chose him.

1. Goodra:

Goodra was the first Dragon type Pokémon I trained before the Pokémon League in any game. Although it takes quite a bit to level him up, he's strong and knows moves that can kill any Pokémon. He can learn tons of great moves like: Muddy Water, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, and Outrage. When facing the Elite Four and Champion, he's a real powerhouse!

Honorable Mentions:

Mega Manectric
Mega Houndoom
Chesnaught
Slurpuff

Now that you've read mine, (sorry it took so long to read), tell me YOURS!

RE: What's Your Top Ten X & Y Pokemon, and why?

10. Noivern
9. Delphox
8. Dragalge
7.Yveltal
6. Pancham
5. Pangoro
4. Aegislash
3. Talonflame
2. Greninja
1. Tyrantrum

No explanations really, basically just based off of my opinion on their design

I'm only going to explain #1:

10 Bergmite

9 LORD FLETCHLING

8 Vivillion

7 Swirlix

6 KIFLI Pangoro

5 Amaura

4 Floette

3 Quilladin

2 Chesnaught

1 Chespin
He is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Right from when he was leaked, I knew I was going to choose him, and I stuck with him the entire way. This was what I said about a week after him being leaked:
"I'm going to die alone based on the fact that I love a fictional green chipmunk."
And of course, someone in reply (Ahem, TwistedTurtwig) posted a photo of Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Instantly saying 'Welp, I have my nickname for Chespin.' And now, I have stuck iwht him all the way through... Because I wuv him.

10. Delphox
09. Mega Blastoise
08. GoGoat
07. Mega Mewtwo X
06. Mega Lucario
05. Mega Charizard X
04. Floette
03. Noivern
02. Aegislash
01. Xerneas: Simply put it, awesome legendary pokemon and very strong Pokemon. Was fun to catch!

10. Greninja (Stats are not that great, Water Shuriken is awesome but oh well. Can't wait to experience with Protean ability)
9. Meowstic
8. Goomy
7. Noibat
6. Gourgeist
5. Hawlucha
4. Aurorus
3. Dragalge (Poison/Dragon? Awesome. Seaweed/Seahorse pokemon, Mega Awesome!)
2. Helioptile (Sooooo cute! Floppy ears!)
1. Clawitzer (He's amazing, he destroy everything in his path with lolWater Pulse)

My top 10 favorite Kalos Pokemon :)

10. Sylveon (It is an Eeveelution!)

9. Goomy, Sliggoo & Goodra (Who doesn't love these guys!)

8. Amaura & Aurorus (Loved both fossil Pokemon. But I have a soft spot for ice types. I also love the design)

7. Tallonflame (Really nice unique typing. Really nice to see another great starter bird that is as good or if not better than Staraptor. Was disappointed with poopie Unfeazent.

6. Vivillon (I never really take interest in Butterfree/Beautifly type Pokemon, but I love what they did with so many colours!. My favourite one like this since Butterfree

5. Greninja (Wasn't keen on Froakie but Frogadier and Greninja are awesome. If I wasn't so in love with Chespin, I would of picked Froakie because of Greninja

4. MALE Meowstick (I love the male Meowsticks design!. Not too keen on the female one though)

3. Pancham & Pangoro (Its a fighting panda... AWESOME.. I love both designs)

2. Chespin (My favourite starter since Treecko back in Generation 3. LOVE CHESPIN)

1. Litleo & Pyroar (I love these so much. As my favourite ever Pokemon are Growlithe & Arcanine, I think you can see why I like these 2 so much)

In Pokedex order:

1. Chesnaught. This dude made up for Chespin suddenly getting fat; I should have had more faith that the Grass starter would turn out badass.

2. Florges White Flower Form. Specifically, this one. Go fairies! ^o^

3. Malamar. This dude just oozes radness.

4. Barbaracle. 'nuff said

5. Gourgeist. I thought it was a hideous snarly beast until I saw dat face. Now I love it and want to hug it.

6. Xerneas. Team X son

7. Mega Mawile. This should be... kinda obvious

Those are the only pokes I actually like so time for honorable mentions:

Floette, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Pangoro, Vivillon, Diggersby, Delphox

Haven't played enough with the new mons for a top 10 so have a top 4 instead!

1. Swirlix. Sooooooooooo freaking cute.

2. Floette. Really cute as well

3. Gourgeist. The face on the... stem is kinda cute. :D

4. Fennekin. Naturally biased to this because chihuahuas look like fennec foxes.

1. Yveltal - A Death Bird that knows Oblivion Wing. Can't get much better then that.

2. Mega Charizard Y - It looks like an old school dragon. Pretty cool looking if you ask me

3. Aegislash - A possessed sword with the ability to change from a defensive to offensive mode in battle is pretty awesome.

4. Trevenant - I just really like his design. A possessed tree that haunts people who harm the environment. Oh yeah- he also learns sacred sword

5. Fennekin- The favorite of my 3 starters, but a heavy dislike of his evolution made me pick Chespin

6. Zygarde- I just like him because he is...interesting. His unfinished backstory can go alot of ways.

7. Honedge- See Aegislash, but weaker.

8. Mega Blaziken - I really like his design, it really seems like a fighter type to me.

9. Chestnaught- I'm usually a sucker for those big and bad Pokemon (See Golett and Golurk), so Chestnaught was my favorite final starter evolution.

10. Phantump - AWW ITS SO CUTE!

Honorable Mentions - Mega Garchomp, Mega Charizard X, Gourgiest, Clauncher, Helioptile, Mega Manetric

Dishonorable Mentions - Mega Ampharos, Dragalage, Xerneas, Binacle, Bunnelby, Mega Mewtwo X

in no particular order

1 - Xerneas. Its a deer with rainbow antlers. It can shoot rainbows from the ground. FABULOUS

2 - Mega Ampharos. He is Amphabulous.

3 - Greninja - awesome ninja frog is awesome

4 - Sylveon - my new fave Eeveelution. She also kills dragons which makes her awesome

5 - Dragalge - a typing I've been dying to see for ages and it's a really solid design. Probably the only reason I'd think about getting Y.

6 - Clawitzer - cannon lobster is cool. Would've loved to see Water/Fire or Water/Electric but it is still very good by water type standards

7 - Malimar - very interesting typing, plus it learns Superpower with Contrary which can be fun to set up with

8 - Trevenant - I've loved it since we first saw it as Oorotto leaked in the trailer

9 - Swirlix - its a cotton candy that kills dragons. A sweet treat capable of killing dragons.

10 - Goomy. ALL HAIL KING GOOMY

Finally! I've been looking for a thread like this!

My top 10 Kalos Pokemon (excluding Mega Evolutions):

10. Flabebe. It is so common it's not even funny. But this is one of the ridiculously common Pokemon I don't mind running into at all. It is probably one of the most adorable Pokemon I've ever seen. It probably also helps that Florges is a monster.

9. Vivillon. When I found out about its many wing patterns, I promised myself that I wouldn't get sucked into trying to collect them all. But wouldn't you know it, I got 17/18 patterns. I just need a Marine pattern! DX

8. Talonflame. Through-the-roof Speed, amazing hidden ability and one with Flame Body is a great egg hatcher. It's Attack could be better though.

7. Espurr. Some may say it's creepy, demonic and stares into your soul. But I see beyond that (no pun intended) to find an adorable Psychic type kitten.

6. Fennekin, Braixen and Delphox. I love them all equally. It's about time we got a not-Fire/Fighting starter! I just wish Delphox had a wider movepool. At least let it learn Energy Ball!

5. Meowstic. Now I really wish I used a female in my playthrough of X. I'm a cat lover irl, so I'm pretty much obliged to love these guys. They may be stoic, but they are still lovable. Not to mention its movepool is wider than Delphox's will ever be.

4. Tyrantrum. Without a doubt, my new favorite fossil Pokemon. A unique typing, amazing Attack and a great movepool. Not to mention, it's horrifyingly awesome looking!

3. Greninja. I love this ninja frog. I love speedy sweepers and I love Water types. I chose him for X, and he is just amazing. 122 Speed. Just, wow.

2. Xerneas. The first Fairy-type legendary sure is something. Great stats and a phenomenally diverse movepool. And look at its horns! Its horns are gorgeous and absolutely terrifying at the same time. I mean, those things can impale an entire village in 5 seconds! O_O

1. Sylveon. Compared to my other picks, this one is a little strange. Its movepool is horrible and it's slower than dirt. But it does has a great Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. And its design. Oh lordy, its design. Without a doubt one of the most adorable designs I've ever seen for a Pokemon!
/) ^ 3 ^ (\ I can't explain it. I...just love it so much! It's irresistible!

As a bonus my top 3 Mega Evolutions:

3. Mega Charizard X. I just had to include it. Great stats, a scary and awesome design and I was took completely by surprise when it was first revealed.

2.Mega Lucario. My 2nd favorite Sinnoh Pokemon just got even better! Lucario itself was great enough but the Mega...(speechless)

1. Mega Venusaur. Out of all the Megas, this was the one I fell in love with at first sight. Not only do I love its design, it can take hits like a tank and hit back hard. Venusaur was my starter in Blue, the first Pokemon game I ever beat so it has a major nostalgia factor too. :p

10: Furfrou. I love its design and I love all the trims you can get for it. And its shiny looks amazing!

9: Aromatisse. When I first saw it I fell in love, love its design, especially the little bow on its back :3

8: Mega Heracross & Mega Ampharos. These are some of my favorite mega evolutions! I love Ampharos' fabolous hair, and the fact that Heracross can open its arms made it even better to me.

7: Pyroar & Meowstic. I love cats, so these on my list would not surprise anyone. I like the females more than the males though..

6: Vivillon. My favorite regional bug, other than Kricketot. I thought it was a fun challenge collecting all the patterns, also love the shiny forms.

5: Amaura & Aurorus. I have a thing for dinosaurs (especially herbivores), so when I saw these two, I exploded with happiness!

4: Mega Medicham. Seeing Medicham getting a mega evolution made me really happy. Meditite looks surprisingly like my sister when she was younger, and it's one of my favorite fighting types, and my favorite mega evolution :3

3: Hawlucha. When I first saw the leaked pictures of this, I nealy died. It was amazing, and I couldn't understand why some people didn't like its design. Not too much of its shiny colouration though.. ._.

2: Flabébe, Floette and Florges. When I first saw this family, I knew that I was going to have this in my team. I love the different flower colors, though I wanted a little more flower colors, like pink, purple and green :3

1: Binacle & Barbaracle. One of my favorite lines of all time, this lines design is super cute and cool at the same time. I love the heads on Binacle, and I love the concepts of this line. The design of Barbaracle is interesting, and I like the fact, that each of it's limbs have minds of their own. The first time I saw Binacle, I fell in love and like Hawlucha, I couldn't understand why people didn't like this awesome design. Also I love the pink and green in their shiny colours since the two colours are some of my favorites.

Honorable mentions: Swirlix & Slurpuff, Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist, Inkay & Malamar, Mega Houndoom & Manectric, Helioptile & Heliolisk and Noibat & Noivern :)

Not in order, except for the first one.
1. Amaura: I love dinosaurs, my favorite color is blue and I like cute things.

2. Aurorus: The same as Amaura.

3. Tyrunt: I love dinosaurs and it's a cute basic Pokémon.

4. Sylveon: Cute, it has blue and pink (2nd favorite color), has big bug like eyes and it looks feminine.

5. Meowstic (male): overall like the design.

6. Trevenant: It's a spooky tree like the ones that appear in so called scary cartoon/story scenes.

7. Mega Tyranitar: One of my favorite Pokémon with a mega evolution that I like (I also like Garchomp, but I
don't like it's Mega evo).

8. Goodra: Slimey/chubby/bulky/fairy tale like dragon.

9. Mega Charizard X: I just like it, maybe it's the color and my love for the charmander line.

10. Xerneas: Because it's my favorite from the XYZ monsters.

1. Yveltal - Awesome Design & a very good Pokemon in battle
2. Mega Charizard X- Dragon type Charizard is awesome
3. Mega Aerodactyl- Aerodactyl is awesome
4. Greninja- Design & Protean
5. Noivern- Awesome Shiny
6. Tyrantrum- I always loved Dinosaurs
7. Pyroar- That mane doe
8. Mega Scizor- Chainsaw arms are cool
9. Mega Pinsir- Scary af
10. Gourgeist- Creepy and awesome

Pokemon I hate the most in gen 6: Mega Kangaskhan. Stupidly overpowered and dumb design

No particular order:

1: Chespin Line- I remember when everything was first getting revealed; once I saw the starters, I knew right away which I wanted because I loved Chespin's design the most
2: Sylveon- It has gotten me out of a number of scrapes back when I was first starting to get into the competitive scene. Plus, I love it's shiny color scheme
3: Yveltal- Again, just love the design; almost the sole reason I wanted Y
4: Honedge- Not so much for design or anything but more for the Pokedex entry because I enjoy the dark and macabre; "If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely."
5: Dragalge- Keeping up with the creepy Dex entries; "Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return."
6: Phantump- Dex entry again; "According to old tales, these Pokemon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest."
7: Gourgeist- One more due to Dex entry; "It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey."
8: Mega Aggron- Helped me out through quite a few matches with it's Filter ability and defensive bulk
9: Noibat/Noivern- Not only great designs, but awesome shinies and based off of two things I enjoy: Bats and Dragons
10: Tyrunt- It's Dex entry says it can chew up an automobile. That's awesome

10. Aurorus. Such a beautiful dino, it's a shame it's stats are pretty bad..

9. Gogoat. I want to ride a Gogoat so bad. I want it for my own.

8. Honedge line. I love the concept behind this Pokemon line! And the designs. Spooky! I love it! Some people have an issue with inanimate object Pokemon but this one is just too cool to refuse.

7. Dragalge. I love the typing, I love it's design, just all the loves for this.

6. Noivern. Such an awesome design with an awesome colour palette. It's incredible.

5. Inkay line. Awesome squid! Who evolves into another awesome squid! Malamar looks so darn evil and I love it. I love their ability and how if you don't know their typing you assume they are water type. Ahh, so tricksy.

4. Fletchling line. In my opinion this is the best initial bird line. Fletchling is cute, Fletchinder is cool and Talonflame is just awesome! Yes please.

3. Helioptile. I just can't stop loving this cute little frilled neck (eared?) lizard. So adorable. I just love it's body shape. Unfortunately not a fan of Heliolisk at all, so mine will stay unevolved forever!

2. Xerneas. I chose X, even though I liked the exclusives for Y better, just because I needed to have Xerneas. An awesome fairy deer of the forest! It's such an elegant design. Favourite legendary.

1. Chespin line. I also knew I wanted Chespin as soon as I saw all three starters! An interesting and very different starter to what we usually get. I absolutely adore Chesnaught as well, I wasn't so sure about it at first but it didn't take long for me to come around. So awesome! Currently one of my favourite Pokemon of all time. Can't take it out of my party. c:

Top Ten eh?
Well, we'll go with mine.
(I started from number one to ten).

10. For number ten, I can't really decide, but I think I'd go with Heliolisk and Helioptile or Noibat and Noivern. Which one?
9. Mega Charizard Y: So, I chose Pokemon Y. So, Out of the Mega Charizards, my favourite is - both! But I grew attached to my Mega Charizard Y.
8. Dragalge is an amazing seaweed dragon Pokemon - I really liked Skrelp when I first saw it.
7. My starter Pokemon I chose was Fennekin, and I evolved it into a Delphox (my party Pokemon consisted of five fire types at one stage!)
6. Talonflame reminded me of the lots of peregrine falcons I see at home.
5. Litleo and Pyroar captivated me when I first saw them.
4. Amaura and Aurorus are my sister's favourite dinosaurs. What a coincidence!
3. When I first saw Tyrunt when it was released, I yelled: "My favourite dinosaur as a Pokemon?" I was really excited! So Tyrunt and Tyrantrum are happily my third.
2. Yveltal is my sixth favourite Pokemon in total, I chose Pokemon Y, while my twin sister chose Pokemon X.
1. The great honorable mention: King of the 6th Generation: Mega Mewtwo X and Y! (My second favourite Pokemon. Amazing right?)

RE: What are your top ten Gen. VI Pokémon and why?

Honorable mentions: Clawitzer and Pyroar- I really enjoy using both of them in battle.
10. Barbaracle - I chuckle every time I say its name. It's a freaking warrior barnacle. What more can you ask for?
9. Aromatisse - Mix an opera singer with a plague doctor with a perfume bottle, and you get this crazy thing. Love it.
8. Vivillon - I've had a ton of fun hunting these down, and my original Vivi was my Stun Spore helper for the first half of the game.
7. Chesnaught - I didn't see his design before evolving my Quilladin...and I was amazed when I saw this armored destroyer emerge from the light.
6. Phantump - I love ghost-types, and this little guy's design and cry are awesome.
5. Dragalge - Despite being based off a fairly frail animal, it looks and acts like a destructive monster of the deep.
4. Meowstic - Just a cool (two) design(s), and its battle to keep its power contained reminded me of Raven from Teen Titans.
3. Aegislash - Again, I love ghost-types, and this one actually requires strategy to use effectively instead of just brute force.
2. Florges - I nicknamed mine the "eater of worlds," as it just decimates everything with Moonblast. The orange and yellow ones look a little tacky, but I love my white one.
1. Aurorus - My second-favorite fossil Pokemon ever (next to Omastar). Great design, and with its ability, I discovered just how much I like using ice-type Return on things. Pretty much flattens anything and looks amazing.

Back