“Twilight Masquerade” Prerelease Promos Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The prerelease promos for Twilight Masquerade have now been revealed! They include Thwackey (SV115), Infernape (SV116), Froslass (SV117), and Tatsugiri (SV118).

Thwackey-143x200.jpeg

Infernape-Twilight-Masquerade-Prerelease-Promo-147x200.jpg

Froslass-Twilight-Masquerade-Prerelease-Promo-141x200.jpg

Tatsugiri-Twilight-Masquerade-Prerelease-Promo-1-142x200.jpg

The cards originate from Crimson Haze and Mask of Change, but feature new alternate artwork that hasn’t been seen in Japan yet. They could release in Japan’s annual end of the year set...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Tatsugiri is a great promo, plenty of city league decks are running it. Froslass also sees some play in more gimmicky decks, so it's not a bad one either. Thwackey is a cornerstone piece of Festival decks, so that's 3/4 viable prerelease promos, a pretty decent ratio (sorry infernape).

Im a bit unsure about the art this time around. Infernape undoubtedly looks really good, Tatsu not so bad either, for the rest I might need to see a better picture

I think Thwackey wins best prerelease promo by default since all the others have pretty amazing illustration rares already. Plus, it implies Festival Box will be a B&B block, which I feel has good odds in that format if all the pieces come together (though froslass is an antimeta pick against all of them)

Yes, monke!

I'm indifferent at tatsu as it has a better artwork elswhere, anyway. Nice for people who wants a holo framed card.

Why'd they have to do thwackey like that.

He looks like he's confused and angry at the same time, but doesn't know which to be.

View attachment 19333
That pretty much sums up Thwackey's existence. Trying to decide whether he's confused or angry about people trying to decide if he's a meme or a travesty.

I can still remember half my family bursting out into hysterics when my brother was playing Pokémon Shield on the TV and we witnessed what his Grookey had just evolved into. I don't think any of us had seen it yet, in which case the surprise was entirely unspoiled.

Back