“Night Wanderer” TCG Set Officially Revealed Featuring Pecharunt ex and The Loyal Three!

Regidrago VSTAR keeps winning (specifically in Expanded). It now has a solid tri snipe attack from this Kyurem, and since it usually uses Garbotoxin, it isn't gonna care about bench barrier either.
Not really, discarding 3 energy for 110 each doesn’t really do much. It oneshots everything already so it doesn’t need to put damage on the board with Kyurem. Better odds it gets something absurd with the dragon set coming out later.

Reusing Poison as a "positive" mechanic is somewhat clever, if not for the fact that Pokemon willingly killed Poison (and Burn). But given that it's four Basics you have to play together it looks pretty restrictive.
four basics? all you really need minimum is okidogi ex and pecharunt ex, and with binding mochi you’re hitting 300 with okidogi. Though if you want to hit that 330, you’d need 2-3 basics (okidogi with binding mochi, brute bonnet with booster, and radiant sneasler/jungle)

recent sets are promoting the DLC
Yes, because Arceus forbid the Card Lab chooses to follow the core lineage of this entire franchise.
Not really, discarding 3 energy for 110 each doesn’t really do much. It oneshots everything already so it doesn’t need to put damage on the board with Kyurem.
It could stand to be its own Tech in Drago though, since it's a Basic and would just need a single Energy against Lost Box.

@Yaginku , do you still have hope? I tested Dragapult ex the other day, and that alone had me worried about the health of the game in two year's time. I also doubt Pokémon Card Labs will just not reprint Rare Candy at the beginning of gen 10, which you mentioned would make Greninja ex more balanced back when that card was revealed.
I don't really care about what's playable and at which rates in Tier 1, because that concerns a minuscule amount of players. There are going to be great decks and perhaps even dominant decks. We also aren't nearing some kind of "true balance", arguably the entire "multiprize" mechanic is innately unbalanced, but we have to celebrate baby steps when we get them.
What I care about is the grand majority of players who don't netdeck, most of them not even playing the game outside of their living rooms, having a welcoming environment where they can pop to their local game store, whip out whatever random deck they've got and have a fun time where they don't go 0/6 0/6 0/6 because there's a certain class of cards that is just miles ahead of a regular card.
Yes, because Arceus forbid the Card Lab chooses to follow the core lineage of this entire franchise.
It's not the fault of the Card Lab, SV has just been an extremely controversial generation with a very weak Pokedex.

It could stand to be its own Tech in Drago though, since it's a Basic and would just need a single Energy against Lost Box.
Lost box is trash in expanded. In standard absolutely but expanded no.

Because nobody likes the Loyal Three.
I love Fezandipiti. I know I know when people say nobody they dont mean it literally, whatever. Id say at that at least that would make the trio art rares cheap but Munkidori might be playable and they were cut out from the set so yeah idk I dont really know what their price will be.

I have to agree here, recent sets are promoting the DLC - most people don't care, the legendaries (beside Ogerpon) are ugly and unimaginative. SV Pokemon design was generally very weak. Collectors are waiting for another retro set.
Good news is, thanks to this facts these sets will be available for a while.
Ew do not mix up collectors that only are for the money or nostalgia with collectors that are still pokemon fans and still play the games

Last edited:
I have to agree here, recent sets are promoting the DLC - most people don't care, the legendaries (beside Ogerpon) are ugly and unimaginative. SV Pokemon design was generally very weak. Collectors are waiting for another retro set.
Good news is, thanks to this facts these sets will be available for a while.
I personally think it's a good thing collectors seem to dislike these sets, as someone who appreciates the newer Pokemon designs. More for me lol

Really not a big fan of the Kyurem. Now Lost Box is capable of wiping entire boards of evolving basics clean if you don't prioritize benching Manaphy turn 1; You can't use that Buddy-Buddy Poffin to grab a second evolving basic so you can evolve it next turn and bench the Jirachi later at your convenience. You have to respond immediately.

In contrast, I'm really glad to see Oricorio GX return as Fezandipiti ex. Maybe it isn't necessarily healthy to get another draw support basic, but I'm glad I have the option to insert it into a post-rotation Raging Bolt ex to compensate for the loss of Radiant Greninja, Pokéstop and Trekking Shoes. Actually, I could probably use it pre-rotation...

A basic ex that does 300 damage for 3 Energy with a status condition and a tool feels a little over-the-top, and while I'm not sure if Dark Patch is enough Energy Acceleration (even with Pecharunt ex to help you pivot), I'm kind of worried that Yaginku's dream of a healthier H-on format in 2026 (Or of an unofficial H-on format held prior to the rotation after next) are coming to an end. Then again, maybe having Okidogi's Poison Muscle attack for Energy Acceleration would make it a fair contender in an H-on format with minimal acceleration? I'd still be worried about Kyurem, though, because even if they did reprint a bench barrier effect, Kyurem can put on a terrifying amount of pressure exceedingly early for minimal investment.

@Yaginku , do you still have hope? I tested Dragapult ex the other day, and that alone had me worried about the health of the game in two year's time. I also doubt Pokémon Card Labs will just not reprint Rare Candy at the beginning of gen 10, which you mentioned would make Greninja ex more balanced back when that card was revealed.

Edit: Wait, if your OPPONENT? I guess I didn't read that carefully. Now I can sleep tonight. (I'm still curious what Yaginku thinks about Dragapult ex in the F-on format, though.)
Dragapult isn't that powerful. It lost over and over on stream to rogue decks, it only won 1 tina MU where tina threw and mirrors. Lost vs arc zeraora, festival, garde, lugia, blissey, tina, ogerpon G and multiple times too to the most meta of those.

It obviously topped because it was over represented, but power level seemed really manageable with what we have. People wants every trash card to be viable and games slower (lol game is slow AF) and that's simply overreacting

Now that I can read Kyurem correctly:
Kyurem Night Wanderer Meme.png
Imagine if Lost Box effectively becomes a 59 card deck like Charizard did when a few people started teching TM Devolution for the mirror and everyone else had to follow suit just so they wouldn't lose to them. (Sorry if the text blurry.)

Dragapult isn't that powerful. It lost over and over on stream to rogue decks, it only won 1 tina MU where tina threw and mirrors. Lost vs arc zeraora, festival, garde, lugia, blissey, tina, ogerpon G and multiple times too to the most meta of those.

It obviously topped because it was over represented, but power level seemed really manageable with what we have. People wants every trash card to be viable and games slower (lol game is slow AF) and that's simply overreacting
Hopefully as the dust settles, my fears that Dragapult ex consistently punishes any decks that run evolving basics frailer than Chansey will prove unfounded. As for wanting every card to be viable, I was more worried about meta and rogue decks that are already viable to their respective degrees (Anything from Charizard ex downward) but run a lot of evolving basics but still need to trade 2HKO's with a Dragapult ex that can heal itself with Scoop Up Cyclone.

I'm glad Dragapult ex isn't an unwinnable matchup for Festival, but I'm guessing it will still be an unfavorable matchup. Again, the dust should settle after a while. The meta will find equilibrium, the results will balance out, and the data will be all wrapped up into neat little packages on websites like limitless.

And yes, ultimately not every card will be viable in any format. Our last few formats may have had lots of unbalanced cards, but there were enough unbalanced decks that recent metas have been about as diverse as at any point of Pokémon history (though perhaps the decks could be more evenly distributed).

I made this account only to comment that I have never seen bigger anti-metadeck card getting printed than that Kyurem. I think we can safely assume that someone designing these cards has fed up losing to lost box
Back in the day we had a mill deck with durant as our main antagonist and our hero Heatmor the savior who just out right kocked out durant for 1 colorless energy. Hey maybe same card engineer.

Back